The following are reminders to my self – from the pressure cooker to you:
- Websites are harder to sell than you think. Use anecdotes so your clients understand the complexity + cause and effect relationships.
- Only listen to people you want to become
- The process must be frictionless
- You will never be worth more than you believe you are worth
- Books are knowledge, knowledge is power
- Learn to say i do not know more often – you are not google
- Everyone thinks they can do UX, marketing, PR, Social media, Branding. Copywriting, Content writing, Business development, Stakeholder management. No one thinks they can code unless the can.
- You can never be working with people who are too high in:
To be successful at scale or in ways that others are incapable of. You need to be right when everyone else is wrong.
If you have something interesting to say state in confidently and in short – respect the time of others – most can’t hear over their own agenda anyway.
Subscriptions are the client subscribing to you proving yourself each month. If you are going to do it often, learn it, hire it, buy it – bring it in the house.
- When outsourcing – you are outsourcing the labour not the knowledge! You must know as much or more than the contractor or you will get fucked over!
- There is no free lunch
- Success never goes on discount
- earn to not try and morph into everything the customer says they need or want. You know what you do or want to do – let it be that – don’t get sucked into unfamiliar or unprofitable area
- Being good at what you do is great but you need to sell the damn thing!